Whether you are an investor or just someone looking to relocate to a different area of the country, Arizona has plenty to offer you. I get calls every week from people throughout the country wondering what is so great about Arizona, so I figured it was time to make a list. Here goes:
The Top 10 Reasons to Buy a House in Arizona
1. Warm Weather – Of course, I had to state the obvious first. Warm weather year round is the number one reason why most people end up moving to Arizona. Personally, I’m from the mid-west, so getting out of the cold was a major reason behind why I am here today. After you’ve shoveled enough driveways, you will understand.
2. Entertainment – Being from the midwest, I found myself bored most of the time. Sure, I could play in the snow, but that gets old really quick. If you move to Arizona, there is an abundance of fun things to do including shopping, nightlife, and outdoor activities.
3. Sports Teams – For the sports fans, Arizona comes complete with incredible professional and University sports teams. Whether you are a fan of hockey, baseball, basketball, or football, Arizona has a team that won’t let you down.
4. Cost of Living – One of the great things about Arizona is how inexpensive it is to live here. Unlike many areas of California or New York, the cost of living is much less expensive. You can still purchase a fairly large home in a great area for a lot less than many areas of the country. You will also notice that other necessities like gasoline are less expensive than other cities.
5. Higher Incomes - While the cost of living may be lower than many areas of the country, the average income of Arizona residents is surprisingly high.
6. Outdoor Activities – Sure, we all know it is a little toasty in the metropolitan areas of Arizona, but did you know that there are areas of Arizona that still get snow? When it starts to get hot in Phoenix, you only have to drive for an hour or two to get to areas of the state where the temperature is absolutely perfect. You can go camping in Flagstaff or fishing in Payson. And, don’t forget about the Grand Canyon. If you want to stay close to the Phoenix area, there are hiking trails galore and lakes and rivers where you can cool off.
7. Shopping – Yes, Arizona is known for it’s fabulous shopping! For many, Scottsdale Arizona is the shopping capital of the country. If you like malls, you will find them all over the Phoenix Valley.
8. Golfing - If you like to get outdoors and swing a club, then Arizona is your place. Home of the world renowned Scottsdale Open golf tournament, Arizona has become one of the hot spots for golfers around the world.
9. Retirement – Pair the sunny skies with a low cost of living and you have yourself the perfect place to retire. For many, cold climate living makes retirement rough, which is why so many choose to move to warmer areas of the country when they get older. Arizona is known for it’s consistant weather and well planned retirement communities.
10. Low Humidity – If you are coming from pretty much any other area of the country, I’m sure you are familiar with the stickiness that comes from high humidity. Well, Arizona, may be hot, but it is a dry heat, which makes a huge difference. You will have to experience it for yourself.
If you are ready to give Arizona a chance or have some questions, we would love to talk with you. Give us a call at 1-760-981-7653 or use the Contact Form on the website.